More than 750 leaders have spent a day trying their hand at running one of our public schools. Join us this year to see if you’re tough enough to be a public school CEO! Your day will begin with first bell at your assigned school and you’ll be dismissed at 1:30 pm, following lunch at the Alliant Energy Center.
Apply online today to see if you have what it takes to run a public school. Please Note: Your application will not be considered complete until you provide biographical information along with a head shot that will be shared with your host principal. Please send bio and photo to Mary Bartzen at email@example.com.
2016 Principal Partners
- Sarah Allen, The Vine Church
- RoJeane Anderson, Vogel Bros. Building Co. / The Vogel Foundation
- Dr. Richard Appen, Retired from U.W. Ophthalmology Dept.
- James Arnett, UnityPoint Health-Meriter
- Lea Aschkenase, Food for Thought Initiative
- Michael Barbouche, Forward Health Group, Inc.
- Kate Bast, BRAVA Magazine
- Donna Beestman, Career Success Strategies, LLC
- Erica Berman, Children’s Theater of Madison (CTM)
- Charlie Berthoud, Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Joe Brosius, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
- Kristine Larson Brown, Retired from MMSD
- Bonnie Bruce, Retired from UW Foundation
- Justin Burge, Damascus Road Church
- Sarah Campagna, Summit Credit Union
- Molly Carroll, UW-Madison School of Education
- Jessica Cavazos, Latino Chamber of Commerce
- John Cerniglia, Downtown Madison, Inc.
- Shannon Colwin, Damascus Road Church
- Kevin Davidson, SPi Global
- Alyssa Dunsirn, Great Lakes Higher Education
- Karen Falkner, Retired MMSD elementary teacher
- Angela Fitzgerald, Summit Credit Union
- Ginger Francis, Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
- Judy Frankel, Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Laurie Frost, Isthmus Psychotherapy, LLC
- Haben Goitom, Alliant Energy
- Nancy Hagan, Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
- Ann Halbach, UW-Madison School of Education
- Joe Hankey, CUNA Mutual Group
- Jodi Hansen, Catholic Charities
- JoAnn Hart, Boardman & Clark LLP
- Miranda Hassett, St. Dunstan’s Church
- Melinda Heinritz, Foundation for Madison’s Public Schools
- Jodie Henning, WEA Trust
- Barbara Hummel, Madison/Dane County Courage to Teach
- Jacquelyn Hunt, Nehemiah
- Eleanor Jacobson, Filament Games
- Aaron Jozwiak, Red Village Church
- Michael Julka, Boardman & Clark LLP
- Lilian Kahite, Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
- Winnie Karanja, Maydm
- Colleen Knudson, Attic Angel Community
- Marianne Korol, Total Administrative Services Inc. (TASC)
- Gillian Kunert, WI Dept. of Employee Trust Funds
- Leigh Laws, Covance Clinical Development Services
- Michael Lipp, Retired MMSD Teacher/Substitute Teacher
- Matthew Loch, TDS Telecommunications Corporation
- Sabrina Madison, Heymiss Progress, LLC
- Marty Malloy, M3 Insurance
- Gerardo Mancilla, Edgewood College
- Mandy Marcum, Leadership for Educational Equity
- Salli Martyniak, Forward Community Investments
- Jennifer McDonald, Regent Neighborhood Association
- James McDonnell, Optimists of Downtown Madison
- Jerry McLain, Gordon Flesch Company
- Renee Moe, United Way of Dane County
- Katie Mueller, Hilton Madison Hotel
- Matt Mulder, Demco
- Casey Oelkers, Madison Symphony Orchestra
- Eileen O’Neill, WI Department of Revenue
- Leslie Orrantia, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Rob Palmer, WPS Health Solutions
- Tony Parisi, Dean Health Plan
- Mike Quist, WEA Trust
- Bob Ray, East Madison Baptist Church
- Ed Reisch, Kiwanis Club of West Madison
- Scott Resnick, StartingBlock Madison
- Jodi Riley, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Colleen Rogers, Madison-Kipp Corporation
- Missy Roth, Webcrafters, Inc.
- Chris Rutter, SPi Global
- Henry Sanders, Madison365
- Becky Schigiel, First Unitarian Society of Madison
- Michael A. Schuler, First Unitarian Society of Madison
- Chrystal Seeley-Schreck, Wisconsin Technical College System
- Aaron Seligman, Stay-at-Home Dad
- Ken Sidikman, CUNA Mutual Group
- Greg St. Fort, 100state
- Jim St. Vincent, American Family Insurance
- Scott Sterner, The Vine Church
- Kristopher Stewart, WIDA
- Lisa Subeck, Wisconsin State Assembly
- Jodi Sweeney, The Sweeney Group
- Thomas Ter Horst, SSM Health Care of Wisconsin
- Bryce Tolefree, American Family Insurance
- Angela Tortorice, Goodman Community Center
- Brenda Van Rossum, Capitoland Christian Center
- Stephanie Well, Great Lakes Higher Education
- Telisa Yancy, American Family Insurance
- Susie Younkle, Merlin Mentors
- Ledell Zellers, City of Madison Alder
- Aaron Zutz, J.H. Findorff & Son, Inc.
A Principal Experience provides a wonderful opportunity for local leaders to see first-hand all that principals and school staff experience every day and to forge partnerships that support schools and enrich the lives of students. More than 600 leaders have served as Principal Partners over the years. To see who has recently served as a Principal Partner, click here.
Beginning with the first bell, Principal Partners shadow their host principals, observing and participating in a variety of activities that may include participating in classrooms, observing administrative meetings, or speaking about their careers or interests with students. Principal Partners and their host principals then convene for lunch and a program at the Alliant Energy Center.
A Principal Experience is a proven way for leaders in education and the greater community to share ideas, resources and a sense of responsibility for public schools. By providing a first-hand perspective on the decisions and responsibilities principals face daily, Principal Partners are inspired to take a greater interest in public education. At the same time, A Principal Experience provides Madison Metropolitan School District principals and staff with an opportunity to create meaningful relationships with individuals in the private sector.
Since its inception in 2004, A Principal Experience (formerly Principal for a Day) has been uniting local businesses and community leaders with Madison’s public schools. Through this unique experience, local community leaders serve as a Principal Partner one day in the fall, observing a Madison public school principal.
Please contact Mary Bartzen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-237-7723 if you are interested in serving as a Principal Partner on October 11.
To view frequently asked questions about A Principal Experience, click here.
Thank you to our sponsors!
WPS Health Solutions